PwC’s Marketing and Sales function is a client-focused, high-performing team, which is strategically aligned to the Firm’s priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the Firm.
The PR and Social Media team is responsible for the Firm’s external media relations and social media strategy, including the overseeing and management of PwC’s social media accounts, relationships with media nationally and locally, and ongoing identification of new and emerging opportunities to enhance the Firm’s visibility. The team focuses on protecting the PwC brand and positively positioning the US Firm and its spokespeople externally, primarily through media and social media.
This team role would oversee public relations and social media focused on driving our commitments around diversity and Corporate Responsibility (CR) in the marketplace.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in working within agency and corporate entities having substantial direct experience with media strategy at a national and global level, including the following areas:
- Maintaining solid media contacts at the local and national level, identifying and seeking out additional reporter contacts valuable to the Firm and develop them across traditional media (including top-tier print and broadcast as well as service, industry and/or geographic trade publications) and new media platforms (including social media outlets
e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Utilizing media databases (Gorkana, Meltwater), tracking software (Google News, Dow Jones News Retrieval/Factiva), and other interactive platforms (YouTube, Google);
- Developing and executing PR strategies focused on PwC US’s diversity and CR functions, including launching PwC’s key reports to the media, working with PwC spokespeople on scheduling and preparing for media interviews, raising PwC’s profile at sponsored events, developing digital media profiles for Firm leaders, responding to unsolicited incoming media requests, and other crisis communications; and,
- Exhibiting results that exemplify knowledge of the business e.g. professional judgment and decision-making that promotes and protects the PwC brand externally.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in project management, day-to-day operations, multi-tasking, and overseeing multiple and diverse projects simultaneously to perform the following tasks:
- Working directly with reporters and online influencers to help develop relationships between those and the lines of service leadership and partners;
- Overseeing, developing and cultivating media relationships at top tier and within key trade media within the CR and diversity space;
- Building and maintaining relationships while working effectively within a matrixed organization to address strategic and risk management issues;
- Performing as a skilled verbal communicator, writer, and strategist, understanding the tactics of the PR business (i.e. content development, pitches, interviews, social media) and also has the ability to know when and how to apply them, depending on the need or situation; and,
- Overseeing, coaching and developing others and the ability to manage and help train subordinates effectively and consistent with PwCs culture.