POSITION: Manager, Social Performance and Communications
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Lundin Mining Corporation (“LMC”) is seeking to hire a Manager, Social Performance and Communications based out of the Company’s head office in Toronto.
Reporting to the Director, Sustainability and Social Performance, the individual will work closely with operations’ social performance teams to provide support on areas such as stakeholder engagement, community investment, risk management, impact management, local procurement and employment, gender diversity, human rights, Indigenous Peoples engagement, grievance management and obligations management.
This role will also support corporate and operations’ reputation management through strategic communications focused on company-wide social performance activities.
• Provide support to operations in the implementation of 5-year social performance strategic plans.
• Provide support to operations on internal and external communicationsfocused on social performance activities.
• Track outcomes of social performance activities such as engagement with priority stakeholders and community investment projects.
• Collaborate with operations to develop case studies and other communications materials related to outcomes of community investment projects and partnerships.
• Research social risks, international standards and trends that can impact the business.
• Develop briefing materials for executive audiences on priority social issues that can impact the business.
• Collaborate with the corporate Communications group to provide social performance content for the company website, presentations, and articles for newsletters and other publications.
• Collaborate with Health & Safety, Environment, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Legal and other corporate functions to advance issues and programs of common interest such as employee engagement and compliance programs.
• Support development of standards and guidance materials, roll-out and training related to LMC’s social management system.
• Ensure corporate and operations’ compliance with the social components of the LMC Responsible Mining Management Standard.
• Support operations in meeting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
• Manage information requests from priority responsible investment research firms.
• Develop social performance content for LMC external reporting requirements such as the annual Sustainability Report and the UN Global Compact Communications on Progress.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• A university degree in International Development, Sustainable Development, Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility or related field of study.
• At least 7 years of experience in Community Relations, Sustainable Development, Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility or related areas of experience working with corporations and multilateral agencies.
• Sophisticated understanding of the global social performance landscape, including emerging issues, standards and best practices applicable in varying operational contexts.
• Excellent written communication skills, including.
• Expertise in stakeholder engagement, community investment, risk management, impact management, local procurement and employment, gender diversity, human rights, Indigenous Peoples, grievance management and obligations management.
• Experience with developing and monitoring social performance outcomes and KPIs.
• Highly collaborative and effective in a dynamic work environment. • Comfortable working in global, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environments.
• Able to travel extensively without restriction.
• Experience in the Mining & Metal or Oil & Gas industries is required.
• Experience at both the corporate and operations levels is preferred.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory. Fluency in Portuguese and Swedish is an asset. Our Employees
• Work together to achieve a safe, zero-harm working environment.
• Achieve our goals through high performance.
• Adapt and respond to a changing business environment.
• Are accountable, energized by tough challenges and build positive relationships. • Keen to improve and develop their skills, to add value to our business.
• Demonstrate trust through mutual respect and teamwork.
Safety and Well-being: At every level LMC people are part of a team where above all we focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees, communities, contractors and the environment leading to increased stakeholder support and reinforcing LMC as a great place to work.
Action Oriented and Delivery Focused: Action oriented and high performance. Full of energy, relishing challenge; acting with appropriate planning; seizing opportunities and working with others. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently a top performer; adding value through operations, functions, exploration and projects; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Dealing with Ambiguity and Change: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can respond well to a changing business environment; can multitask yet prioritize to complete the task at hand; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty; is entrepreneurial, motivated to achieve superior results aligning interest of stakeholders.
Leadership and Interpersonal Style: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges. Relates well to all kinds of people – up and down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high tension situations comfortably.
Functional and Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Always looking to improve and develop. A continuous cost / benefit focus in everything we do.
Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; recognizes and credits others appropriately. Trust demonstrated through mutual respect and teamwork. Employees wanting to apply or find out more about the role are encouraged to submit their resume and questions, referencing “Manager, Social Performance and Communications” to: email@example.com.