Senior Consultant- Government & Public Sector Consulting (Victoria, BC) - VAN000PD
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of advisory, audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Consultant to support the build-out of our Performance Improvement – Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice in Toronto, Ontario. As a member of our GPS Team, you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising public sector entities addressing issues in business transformation, performance improvement, program effectiveness, financial management, program / project management and IT advisory. Our team focuses on core Provincial ministries, Crown Corporations, the full scope of the broader public service, and Regional and Municipal governments.
The GPS Senior Consultant serves as a key resource in helping the delivery of significant business transformation projects. In this role, the Senior Consultant assists with the delivery of large scale client engagements; consistently delivers quality client service within expected timeframes; and fosters a high performing team through job mentoring to junior level employees.
Desired knowledge and skills
- Experience with delivering complex engagements from analysis through to implementation
- Experience working in Big 4, global management consulting firms or similar experience focused on the government and public sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop Junior staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- A passion to make a difference to the lives of Ontarians by transforming public service delivery
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Appropriate educational qualification (preference at a Graduate level) and/or professional accreditation with direct, demonstrable work experience at a Senior Consultant level
- Significant relevant experience conducting projects such as: Public sector policy analysis and development, governance design, business transformation or business performance improvement, change management and communications, operating model and organizational design, business case analysis and preparation, financial analysis and role of technology in service delivery.
- Government and Public Sector knowledge and experience in multiple sub-sectors such as advanced education and skills development, community and human services, economic development, education, finance and treasury, government services, health, justice, transportation and infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with various client organizations such as provincial ministries, crown corporations, broader public service entities, public utilities, regional and municipal government entities, public service delivery agencies
- Must be eligible to receive suitable security clearance
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.