|SENIOR CONSULTANT – HEALTH AND SAFETY RISK/COMPLIANCE|
ERM is seeking an experienced Health and Safety Risk/Compliance Consultant to play a key role in delivery of our health and safety and risk services in Taiwan. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of H&S technical capability and thorough understanding of regulatory compliance to help our clients proactively address their EHS risks and challenges.
- Provide technical assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Provide technical expertise to Risk and Safety projects;
- Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Assist senior staff to identify and pursue potential business opportunities with existing and new clients;
- Lead efforts on project and report delivery (in English or Mandarin as required);
- Help develop the skills of junior staff members to facilitate their career growth.
- Bachelor in Engineering or other related scientific discipline (master’s degree preferred);
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Safety / Risk assessments, HAZOPs/HAZIDs, SIL assessments, reliability & availability studies, QRAs, formal safety assessments and development of HSE cases, safety culture/leadership training in the oil & gas, petrochemical, high-tech and power industries;
- At least five years of experience in general environmental compliance projects;
- Experience in developing business in the oil & gas, petrochemical , high-tech and power sectors preferred;
- At least 5 years of project management experience controlling financial and delivery aspects of projects, i.e., proposal preparation, organizing and tracking schedules, preparing reports to clients, etc.;
- Capacity to work independently, proactively, and meet strict deadlines;
- Regulatory knowledge of local Taiwan environmental and health & safety related legislation is preferred;
- Interpersonal skills with customer focus orientation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin are essential;
- Excellent computational and mathematical modeling skills;
- Ability to travel regularly.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter; applications must be received by 29th September 2017. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
All internal candidates need to be in their current role for at least 18 months; and are required to inform their managers on application and before any interviews are initiated.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.